EMC announces IPO price of USD 12.5 per GDR
NEITHER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT NOR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS FOR PUBLICATION, DISTRIBUTION OR RELEASE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN OR THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY PERSON IN ANY OF THOSE JURISDICTIONS OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE LAWS OF SUCH JURISDICTION.
EMC announces IPO price of USD 12.5 per GDR
Nicosia, Cyprus, 15 July 2021 – United Medical Group CY PLC (the “Company”, and together with its consolidated subsidiaries the “Group” or “EMC”), the leading multidisciplinary premium-class healthcare services provider in Russia operating under the European Medical Center brand, today announces the offer price for its initial public offering (the “Offering”) at USD 12.5 per GDR (the “Offering Price”).
Andrey Yanovsky, CEO of EMC, said:
“IPO is an important and logical step in the further development of the Company, which has been demonstrating progressive growth over the course of many years, has held leading positions in the market and has a recognisable trusted brand. The deal is also a milestone for the private healthcare market in Russia, as it is the first in the sector in nearly 10 years. We are pleased with the high level of interest that the investment community has shown in the IPO, as reflected in the timely completion of the bookbuilding process and the diversity of the book, which includes world-renowned institutional and retail investors.
“The increased demand on the part of investors, even taking into account the specifics of the business and the small number of public global peers, is recognition of the Company’s strong performance, high degree of transparency and trust in the management team, as well as an indication of confidence in the Company’s significant potential for future growth of the Company and the sector.”
- The Offering Price is set at USD 12.5 (RUB 926.55) per GDR.
- At the indicated Offering Price, the Company’s market capitalization on the date of the commencement of trading on Moscow Exchange will be approximately USD 1.125 billion (RUB 83.389 billion1).
- The Offering consists of the sale of 40,000,000 GDRs (subject to a reduction of up to 6,000,000 GDRs due to repurchases of GDRs made as a result of stabilization activities), each representing an ownership interest in one ordinary share of the Company.
- The total gross proceeds of the Offering are approximately USD 500 million (assuming no exercise of the repurchase option).
- Upon completion of the Offering, assuming no exercise of the repurchase option, the free float will be approximately 44%. Following the Offering, assuming no exercise of the repurchase option, Mr Igor Shilov will retain a 55.111% stake in the Company through his investment vehicle INS Holdings Limited.
- The Offering will consist of an offering (i) in the Russian Federation, (ii) otherwise to institutional investors outside the United States in “offshore transactions” as defined in, and in reliance on, Regulation S under the United States Securities Act of 1933 (the “Securities Act”), and (iii) within the United States to “qualified institutional buyers” as defined in, and in reliance on, Rule 144A under the Securities Act or pursuant to another exemption from, or a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements under the Securities Act.
- Trading in the GDRs on Moscow Exchange (i) on an “as-if-and-when-delivered” basis is expected to commence today and (ii) on an unconditional basis is expected to commence on 19 July 2021, under the symbol “GEMC”.
- Customary lock-up arrangements restricting the disposal of the Company’s securities after the Offering will remain in effect for 180 days for the Company and the Selling Shareholders.
- Citigroup Global Markets Limited, J.P. Morgan AG and VTB Capital plc are acting as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners in connection with the Offering.
- All details of the Offering will be included in the Offering Memorandum that, following publication, will be available on EMC’s website at https://emc-investor.com/.
- EMC is the second largest private healthcare provider in Russia by revenue and the largest by adjusted EBITDA and has been operating in the Russian private healthcare market for 30+ years – the longest track record of any major private healthcare business in this market. EMC has grown rapidly in recent years, with adjusted revenue of EUR 194.6 million, EUR 219.7 million and EUR 241.3 million for 2018, 2019 and 2020, respectively. Adjusted EBITDA for the same years was EUR 82.6 million, EUR 82.8 million and EUR 97.3 million, respectively. Profit for the period was EUR 51.7 million, EUR 59.5 million and EUR 80.6 million, respectively, for the same years.
- EMC is a fully integrated healthcare services provider offering a comprehensive range of diversified medical services, and has advanced capabilities in more than 57 specialisations, differentiating it from the competition in Russia.
- The Company utilises a patient-centric approach to its healthcare services offering, which allows it to provide patients with a full range of diagnostics and treatment services as well as offer tailor-made medical care. Being a provider of premium-quality medical care, EMC believes that it competes primarily with the leading international hospitals across Europe, Israel and Asia, and has been historically pricing its services in Euros.
- EMC’s network comprises seven multidisciplinary medical centres, one maternity centre and one rehabilitation centre (with a total built-up area of approximately 87 thousand square metres), as well as three geriatric centres (with a total built-up area of approximately 14 thousand square metres). As at 31 March 2021, the Group had 2,593 employees, comprising 752 physicians, 1,472 nurses and other medical staff and 369 administrative and support staff.
- EMC operates in Moscow and Moscow region, which is the main Russian metropolitan area, with a population of more than 20 million and the highest average salaries in the country, as well as a concentration of high-net-worth individuals, who form a core group of the Group’s clients.
- EMC is a leading Russian provider of cancer treatment with extensive expertise in a full range of modern oncology treatment methods, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment as well as renowned experts with international experience.
- EMC believes that the market in which it operates has strong potential for future growth due to a number of factors, including favourable macroeconomic and prevailing demographic trends (such as an aging population and increasing life expectancy), increasing demand for high-quality medical services among Russians with a high disposable income, the significantly lower level of healthcare expenditure per capita in Russia compared to OECD countries, supportive government policies aimed at strengthening the private healthcare market, relative underpenetration of the Russian private healthcare market and substantial barriers to entry for new healthcare providers. According to NEO Center, EMC’s addressable market is estimated to be approximately 1.3 million customers, excluding Mandatory Health Insurance (MHI) programme, with the Company having served 69 thousand customers in 2020, excluding MHI.
EM (communications advisor to EMC)
+7 915 321 8579
+7 916 770 8909